Our Vision and Values
“OUR SCHOOL PROMOTES A SAFE, POSITIVE, NON-DISCRIMINATORY CHRISTIAN WORKING AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENT THAT ENABLES THE CHILDREN IN OUR CARE TO REALISE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL”
St Denys C of E Infant School has a Church of England foundation and welcomes all children from the local community including Christians, those of other faiths and those of no faith. The children are taught and encouraged to demonstrate the following Christian values:
We believe that every child should:
- Reach their full potential.
- Feel that they are known and valued as individuals.
- Grow in self-respect and be encouraged to respect others.
- Feel safe and cared for, and know they can find help if they need it.
- Develop an understanding of the School’s Christian values.
- Experience happiness and enjoyment in their learning and experiences.
We believe that families and carers should:
- Be welcomed and feel part of the school community.
- Be listened to and supported.
- Feel comfortable to ask any question.
- Feel they know how their children are taught at school.
- Feel well informed of the progress that their children make.
- Feel involved in their children’s learning.
We believe that all staff should:
- Work together as a team.
- Feel they can make a difference.
- Develop their knowledge and practice.
- Feel they are known and valued as individuals.
- Feel safe and know where to ask for help.
- Be sensitive and respectful to each other, children, their families and visitors.