For class collective worship we use the "Out of the Box" resource
We have a special box in class that we use during collective worship, inside the box there is:
A Bible - to think about "God the Father"
A Cross - to think about "God's son Jesus"
A Candle - to think about "God the holy spirit"
Assembly Timetable Autumn 1
Theme – Courage & Being Brave
A Christian perspective on Courage
The Christian belief that God is present in every situation has led to great acts of courage – facing danger, overcoming fear, making a stand for what is right and encouraging others to persevere. Through prayer people have found the strength to be courageous.
· To understand the term courage
· For children to know who can help them to be brave and show courage, reflecting on friends, family, God and acts by people of faith
· For children to express ways in which they have been brave
· To identify acts of bravery in others local/national/international – reflecting upon Christian acts of bravery
· For children to actively help other share their fears and worries
· To understand how to show courage when dealing with bullies ( To be reflected upon again in November during anti bullying week)
Assembly Timetable Summer 2
Theme – Truthfulness & Honesty
A Christian perspective on truthfulness
Christians believe that truth is revealed in the Bible and in the life of Jesus Christ. Through Jesus’ teaching we are given an insight into the nature of God and the way in which He means us to live.
· To encourage all members of the school to be truthful to each other
· To understand that you should be true to yourself ( stand up for what you believe)
· To understand the importance of being truthful and honest
Assembly Timetable Spring 2
Theme – Justice & Being Fair
A Christian perspective on Justice
Justice in the Bible is seen in the context of love. It includes the call to take responsibility for each other, especially the poor and oppressed. It is based on the premise that no-one should be excluded from the essentials of life.
· to understand the concepts of justice and being fair
· for children to be aware of global issues of justice
· for children understand the work of charity and be aware of the charities that the school supports
· to understand how the school ensures that it is fair and just – rules/procedures/inclusivity
· for children to understand that it is fair to allow people to make amend for their mistakesto be aware of how we all can help others, taking responsibility for our school community as well as our wider world
Assembly Timetable Spring 1
Theme – Compassion & caring
A Christian perspective on compassion
Christians believe that their attitudes and actions must reflect the kindness, mercy and compassion of Jesus and the love of God for everyone.
· For children to know ways in which they can show a caring attitude and show compassion to others
· For children to recognise when others are showing care
· To be thankful for those who care for us
· To explore how we can care for the world
Assembly Timetable Autumn 2
Theme – Peace/Christmas
A Christian perspective on peace
Jesus said “Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God” (Matthew 5:9)
Peace-making actions can range from helping to resolve conflict to creating space for stillness.
To explore conflict and peace in our world
To look at people who have worked for peace in the world
To provide children with ideas and skills to become peacemakers
To encourage children to solve their differences in constructive ways
To allow children to explore the reflective feeling of peace and stillness
Aims: ChristmasTo explore the story of Christmas from the point of view of: Mary & Joseph/Wise Men & Shepherds
To celebrate the Christmas story through performance
Collective Worship Timetable Autumn 1
Theme – Trust and belief
A Christian perspective on trust and belief
Trust is the basis of all stable relationships, including a person’s relationship with God. God’s commitment to humanity is seen in his willingness to trust ordinary people with carrying out his purposes in the world.
· Children to explore what it means to trust and be trusted - understand the importance of trust and explore how we can show trust in others
· Explore what happens when trust is broken
· Explore who in our lives we trust – family, community, world, God
· Explore God’s trust for us to look after the world
· Explore Bible stories where people have shown trust in God