Class Collective Worship is currently on a Monday afternoon.
We have whole school collective worship on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
For class collective worship we use the "Out of the Box" resource
We have a special box in class that we use during collective worship, inside the box there is:
A Bible - to think about "God the Father"
A Cross - to think about "God's son Jesus"
A Candle - to think about "God the holy spirit"
Assembly Timetable Summer 1 2017/2018
Theme – Thankfulness
A Christian perspective on Thankfulness
Christians believe that God loves and cares for them in many different ways in all aspects of their life. They know that their response to this provision should be one of thankfulness and praise.
· To understand the importance of being appreciative and thankful
· To understand the different ways, we can show thanks to others
· To think about all the things, we can be thankful for
Assembly Timetable Spring 2 2017/2018
Theme – Justice & Being Fair
A Christian perspective on Justice
Justice in the Bible is seen in the context of love. It includes the call to take responsibility for each other, especially the poor and oppressed. It is based on the premise that no-one should be excluded from the essentials of life.
· to understand the concepts of justice and being fair
· for children to be aware of global issues of justice
· for children understand the work of charity and be aware of the charities that the school supports
· to understand how the school ensures that it is fair and just – rules/procedures/inclusivity
· for children to understand that it is fair to allow people to make amend for their mistakes
- to be aware of how we all can help others, taking responsibility for our school community as well as our wider world
Assembly Timetable Spring 1 2017/2018
Theme – Compassion & caring
A Christian perspective on compassion
Christians believe that their attitudes and actions must reflect the kindness, mercy and compassion of Jesus and the love of God for everyone.
· For children to know ways in which they can show a caring attitude and show compassion to others
· For children to recognise when others are showing care
· To be thankful for those who care for us
· To explore how we can care for the world
Assembly Timetable Autumn 2 2017/2018
Theme – Peace/Christmas
A Christian perspective on peace
Jesus said “Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God” (Matthew 5:9)
Peace-making actions can range from helping to resolve conflict to creating space for stillness.
Collective Worship Timetable Autumn 1 2017/2018
Theme – Trust and belief
A Christian perspective on trust and belief
Trust is the basis of all stable relationships, including a person’s relationship with God. God’s commitment to humanity is seen in his willingness to trust ordinary people with carrying out his purposes in the world.
· Children to explore what it means to trust and be trusted - understand the importance of trust and explore how we can show trust in others
· Explore what happens when trust is broken
· Explore who in our lives we trust – family, community, world, God
· Explore God’s trust for us to look after the world
· Explore Bible stories where people have shown trust in God