For class collective worship we use the "Out of the Box" resource
We have a special box in class that we use during collective worship, inside the box there is:
A Bible - to think about "God the Father"
A Cross - to think about "God's son Jesus"
A Candle - to think about "God the holy spirit"
Assembly Timetable Autumn 1
Theme – Courage & Being Brave
A Christian perspective on Courage
The Christian belief that God is present in every situation has led to great acts of courage – facing danger, overcoming fear, making a stand for what is right and encouraging others to persevere. Through prayer people have found the strength to be courageous.
· To understand the term courage
· For children to know who can help them to be brave and show courage, reflecting on friends, family, God and acts by people of faith
· For children to express ways in which they have been brave
· To identify acts of bravery in others local/national/international – reflecting upon Christian acts of bravery
· For children to actively help other share their fears and worries
· To understand how to show courage when dealing with bullies ( To be reflected upon again in November during anti bullying week)