For class collective worship we use the "Out of the Box" resource
We have a special box in class that we use during collective worship, inside the box there is:
A Bible - to think about "God the Father"
A Cross - to think about "God's son Jesus"
A Candle - to think about "God the holy spirit"
Assembly Timetable Spring 1 2017/2018
Theme – Compassion & caring
A Christian perspective on compassion
Christians believe that their attitudes and actions must reflect the kindness, mercy and compassion of Jesus and the love of God for everyone.
· For children to know ways in which they can show a caring attitude and show compassion to others
· For children to recognise when others are showing care
· To be thankful for those who care for us
· To explore how we can care for the world
Assembly Timetable Autumn 2 2017/2018
Theme – Peace/Christmas
A Christian perspective on peace
Jesus said “Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God” (Matthew 5:9)
Peace-making actions can range from helping to resolve conflict to creating space for stillness.
To explore conflict and peace in our world
To look at people who have worked for peace in the world
To provide children with ideas and skills to become peacemakers
To encourage children to solve their differences in constructive ways
To allow children to explore the reflective feeling of peace and stillness
Aims: ChristmasTo explore the story of Christmas from the point of view of: Mary & Joseph/Wise Men & Shepherds
To celebrate the Christmas story through performance
Collective Worship Timetable Autumn 1 2017/2018
Theme – Trust and belief
A Christian perspective on trust and belief
Trust is the basis of all stable relationships, including a person’s relationship with God. God’s commitment to humanity is seen in his willingness to trust ordinary people with carrying out his purposes in the world.
· Children to explore what it means to trust and be trusted - understand the importance of trust and explore how we can show trust in others
· Explore what happens when trust is broken
· Explore who in our lives we trust – family, community, world, God
· Explore God’s trust for us to look after the world
· Explore Bible stories where people have shown trust in God