For class collective worship we use the "Out of the Box" resource
We have a special box in class that we use during collective worship, inside the box there is:
A Bible - to think about "God the Father"
A Cross - to think about "God's son Jesus"
A Candle - to think about "God the holy spirit"
In Summer 1 we will be exploring the value of friendship
A Christian perspective on Friendship:
Christians believe they can call God their friend because of the relationship made possible through Jesus.
· To encourage children to consider what makes a good friend
· To understand how to support somebody who may not feel included in friendship groups
· To help the children find ways of repairing restoring friendships when they break down
· To ensure that the children know who they can turn to for help, if they are struggling with friendship.
In Spring 1 half term we have been thinking about the value of "Hope".
A Christian perspective on Hope:
Christians see their hope in God’s promise “ that love and goodness have, and will ultimately, overcome all evil.” This hope is manifested in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ
· Help children understand that there is a chance of a new beginning and a fresh start in every situation.
· Help the Children understand the Christian perspective of hope, and how it can be reflected upon in their own lives.
· Help the children create their own vision of a hopeful future.
· Help the children understand that they can play a part in creating a more sustainable environment and a better society.